BHUTAN FOOTBALL TEAMS SELECTORS
The selection committee consists of four-five members and one convener. The convener is the General Secretary of Bhutan Football Federation for man and woman, juniors and seniors national teams, of the four-five members one will act as the chairman.
REQUIREMENT TO BE A SELECTOR
The selectors should have any of the following requirements:
- Should have been ex-national player
- Should be managing an ‘A’ Division club
- Should possess at least a AFC ‘B’ License Coaching Certificate
Only the four-five members of the selection committee have rights on selection or have voting rights on team selection. The selection processed by minimum of three selectors will be a final binding in rectification by the convener.
ROLE OF THE SELECTORS
The key role of the selectors is to recommend to the management for rectification:
- All national teams or individuals to represent Bhutan in various competitions based on selection criteria.
- Appointment of the team captains for all age categories to be done by concern coach in consultancy with selection committee.
- Disciplinary action if needed to be taken against teams or individual players by disciplinary committee in consultancy with selection committee.
- Report on the team and individuals in any of the competitions or carnivals inside or outside country should be done by coach/manager to selection committee if in need.
- The termination of selection term of players will be decided by selection committee as per the report from coach/manager.
OBLIGATIONS OF SELECTORS
The selectors have a number of duties and obligations:
- Attend meetings called during the competition, selection period and carnivals etc. by the chairman of the selectors.
- Ensure, as arranged by the chairman that members of the committee are in attendance at each session of competition or selection venue.
- Abstain from involvement in any other duty that precludes them from freedom to pursue selection duties.
- Refrain release of selection information to any source, until that information is released by the chairman of the committee to the convener and by him to the players concerned and subsequently to the press and public.
- Abstain from selection discussion when a member of the selector’s own family is involved. In such case the decisions will be as decided by the remaining members of the committee.
- Attend the full period of relevant selection period or competition etc.
- Selector’s appointments are of open-end variety and can be terminated, if they are involved in any other duties that preclude them from freedom to pursue selection duties.
- Should work with much dedication, honesty, fairness, transparency and with an appropriate level of understanding and expertise for the welfare of society and nation.