Bhutan Football Federation joins the aspiring bandwagons to voice against climate change and bold climate action leading towards a better and sustainable future both globally and locally. Bhutan Football Federation believe football is a beautiful medium for expressing strong message, create awareness, and leave a footprint for future generation and world to acknowledge the importance of climate action.
In line with United Nations Climate Change, Bhutan Football will undertake systematic efforts to promote greater environmental responsibility, reduce overall climate impact, educate for climate action, promote sustainable and responsible consumption and advocate for climate action through communication. Initially the climate action was part of our social responsibility but looking at the magnitude of its impact in our own backyard in terms of forestry and biodiversity, agriculture , natural disaster and infrastructure, water (and energy) and human health which is the future of our country’s livelihood.
Bhutan Football Federation pledges to fight against climate change and robustly advocate in its own capacity. sports have a unique power to inspire a wider societal change that embraces a low-carbon future and keeps the planet safe for future generations Moreover, sports’ global interest for billions of fans, and the media coverage generated in response, provide a strong platform for the sport sector to play an exemplary role in meeting the challenge of climate change, and inspire and engage large audiences to do the same.
- Broadcasting channels;
- Social media;
- Athletes as role models and climate ambassadors;
- Showcasing sustainable actions at events, at club grounds and at iconic venues;
- association/federation networks;
- Sport clubs memberships and team fans Advocacy:
- Video promotion on Climate action with Bhutan National Team and other stakeholders
- Brand Ambassador Chencho Gyeltshen (the most popular footballer in Bhutan) to promote climate change action
- Charity match between Bhutan National Team and film fraternity of Bhutan to advocate and promote the climate change action in Bhutan
- Educate, branding and advocacy of climate action in grass root level in 18 districts
- Branding, advocacy of climate action during football tournament in changlimithang with advertisement board and giant screen
- Using a social media platform, live streaming during a football match
- #footballforclimateaction logo and the logo to be used by the national team training jersey, Grassroot jersey, club competition (Premier league, Thimphu league, and Thimphu Championship etc..)